Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Keeping It Warm

I guess I was a little too enthusiastic about spring in my last post. It's friggin' MINUS 8 degrees out there!! The rhodos look like they want to shrivel up into the earth. Maybe I should be knitting them some blankets.

I made this little capelet for myself, with an eye on my spring wardrobe (puh!). It's in "Hempton" from hempforknitters.com - 40% cotton, 30% hemp and 30% modal. It is comfortable to knit with, not like some cottons that are hard on the fingers. I like how it drapes and hangs a little low on the shoulders. The pattern is Hemp Capelet by lanaknits.com. The colour isn't really true in the photo, looks a bit orange-y where I'd say it's more of a coral shade.




I think I'll be staying in my warm woolies for a while longer, though. Snuggling down with my hot coffee.



and my toasty Queen of Beads (Sivia Harding) socks. (yarn is Socks That Rock, superwash merino, colorway My Blue Heaven)







CAFETIERE COZY: worsted wt. wool, size 4mm needles. Fits small french press. You could probably double the cast-ons for a larger size.

Cast on 40 stitches and knit whatever pattern you like - I used a mock cable which goes like this - Multiple of 10

Row 1: p4, k1, p1, k4
Row 2: p3, k2, p2, k3
Row 3: p2, k2, p1, k1, p2, k2
Row 4: p1, k2, p2, k2, p2, k1
Row 5: k2, p3, k3, p2
Row 6: k1, p4, k4, p1

Do 5 repeats and bind off. Chain crochet button loops and Nellie's your aunt!

No comments: