Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A New Bag For The Old Bag

I have been sewing up a storm this past few days.  I wanted a tote/carry-on bag with lots of pockets for our upcoming trip to England.  Something that I could manage easily, get all my airplane necessities into (books, knitting, neck pillow, travel papers, etc.) and still be able to use as an all-purpose bag for shopping (Liberty of London, here I come!) and trekking around.  This is McCall's 5871:



Inside view:

 I am very pleased with how it turned out.  Setting in the side pieces was a bit of a wrestling match due to the stiffness of the multi-layers but I won!  The pattern is very easy to follow, well-written.  I didn't use as many different fabrics as the pattern called for as I felt four was plenty.











Next post: Darling grand-daughter's Easter outfit.

No comments: