Friday, February 18, 2011

Full Snow Moon

"Since the heaviest snow usually falls during the month of February, Native American tribes of the north and east most often called this month’s full moon the Full Snow Moon. Some tribes also referred to it as the Full Hunger Moon or Little Famine Moon, since harsh weather conditions in their areas made hunting very difficult. Forced to gnaw on bones and sip bone marrow soup for sustenance, the Cherokee named it the Full Bony Moon."  ~ Farmers' Almanac

Well, there's no hunger or famine here but we did get the snow:



It could also be called the Happy Little Girl Moon:


Therefore I will be wearing this hat


and this cardi
 

when I venture out later today.  Meanwhile I'll enjoy my second cup of coffee in my cosy chair by my cosy fire.
 

2 comments:

Oiyi said...

As always, your knitting is perfect! You picked such beautiful colors for your Selbu Modern. Maybe I can convince you to test-knit for me some day.

AlisonH said...

Oh, beautiful! I have a cap in a pattern close to that, knitted by my friend Afton, and it is my absolute favorite. Such a happy pattern.