Friday, May 6, 2011

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!



THE GRASS IS RIZ!






I WONDER WHERE THE BIRDIES IZ!





We have three baby towhees nesting in a clematis bush right at eye level.  The parents are very attentive (who could ignore those open mouths?!!?) and I zipped out for photos when I noticed they were away from the nest.  The babies hatched two days after I took the egg photos.  When I took the baby pics the parents were perched on the apple tree nearby.  They were chattering but not in an agitated way (I don't really understand bird language but they seemed pretty calm) and flew to the nest as soon as I left.  We had a robins' nest last year in the same bush.  It is so lovely to watch the activity and see the babies grow.  I love spring!

2 comments:

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

I love spring too. Every year I mention more than once that I cannot believe how many shades of green there are in nature.
Now I am off to weed through the wardrobe. The diabetic folks are collecting next Friday. I need to weed out some of my knitted items, but they will go in a box and stay. Could be knit into something else, or when family visits they might want them! Just cannot seem to part with them easily.
Peg

knittingdragonflies said...

how pretty! This makes me want to get my paints out and get going! Raining here today!
Vicki