Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall Has Definitely Fallen


We had a glorious August, September and early October but I'm afraid that is not enough for this spoiled child.  I got quite used to wearing only the lightest of clothes, wandering out into the yard in my nightie and slippers (seen only by the resident wildlife), gathering garden blooms for the house, feeling not a drop of rain.  Sigh.  We were a bit concerned about our well and the level of the aquifer as we only drilled down about 35 feet.  This has served us well for 21 years and we have never run dry but we have never had a drought such as this before either.  It was quite reassuring to know that we have a good source, although some of our neighbours did run into difficulties. 

However, all good things must come to an end and we are now really and truly into autumn.  One of first signs is these little critters on the road.  My grandson picked this guy up and moved him into the grass at the side of the road so he wouldn't get run over.















There is a beauty in this change of season that I can't deny, but I'm a warm-weather girl and I tend to cocoon during the winter, reluctant to leave my cosy house.  The up side of this self-isolation is that I can knit to my heart's content.  Can't complain about that!





















No comments: